You are implying there is some difficulty in calculating specific
decoherence results yet the people who are performing experiments in
decoherence have no such problem in calculating them with no reference at
all to either of your interpretations or choosing between them... The math
works just fine in our single world and produces predictable results...

On Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:12:47 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:
>  On 12/28/2013 1:44 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
> Jason,
>  You'll have to ask the physicists who do think that. I can't speak for
> them.
>  There is a good mathematical theory of decoherence that works fine in
> this world. It says nothing about MW whatsoever.
>  Why do you think there is a connection?
> Decoherence only diagonalizes the system+measurement density matrix under
> a partial trace (over the environment).  The diagonal them contains the
> probability values for the different eigenstates of the measurement
> operator.  So then how do you get from there to a definite result?  Do you,
> like Omnes, simply observe that you have predicted probabilities and so one
> of them obtains.  Or do you go with Evertt and say that all of them exist
> with different measures and the apparent randomness is an illusion due to
> our consciousness being relative to the different outcomes?
> Brent

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit