Edgar,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Terren,
>
> Don't tell me what's in my theory. There are NO infinity of logical
> realities being computed. There is no Platonia....

If what you're positing is a fundamental computational reality, then
there's nothing in principle that can select a single computational reality
over any other. All you appear to be doing is making that an assumption of
your theory, but it doesn't really buy you anything and it contradicts
computer science.  Sounds exactly like the argument over P-Time and Block
time... what a coincidence!

> You seem to be referencing Bruno's comp. There is NO 'Platonia' in my
> theory.

Right, and because Platonia is logically implied given (what appear to be)
your assumptions, it signifies that your theory is inconsistent.

> There is enormous evidence and theoretical justification for Present
> moment P-time. It's the most fundamental obvious observation of our
> existence. Just pull your head out of your books and look around for
> goodness sakes. Are you alive? If so you are alive in the present moment...

But you have pointed out that every observation we can make is based on a
constructed illusion. How do you go from the time we experience in the
constructed illusion of our experience, to the actual time of the universe?
 You have yet to justify that move.

> No two observers compute the same retinal sky. Everyone's simulation of
> reality is different.

Agreed.  But there are an infinity of possible programs that compute your
retinal sky in this moment such that it would be impossible for you to
distinguish between them, from the inside. That fact has nothing to do with
my retinal sky, or anyone else's.

> There is absolute certain evidence for "real, actual reality".

Evidence for reality only makes sense within a given theory. All we have
are models. What we are all doing here is a search for "the best" model.
Even if we think we have it, we can still never know what reality really
is. IOW there is no such thing as "absolute certain evidence" for anything.
You're engaging in dogma, as if there is only one possible model.

> Something has to be real because we exist, and what we exist in is
> reality. Whatever that is is the "real, actual reality". Anyone who doesn't
> think reality actually exists is brain dead....

You seem to be saying that our existence is a fact that refutes the
possibility that we are, as Bruno describes it, "the numbers' dreams". And
while that *is* counter-intuitive, it's not a logical impossibility - on
the contrary, if you say yes to the doctor, it must be the case, unless
there is a flaw with the UDA.

Terren