On 1/13/2014 5:49 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
Jason,

Come on Jason, the whole notion of 'living inside a video game' is adolescent fantasy. Is there some real person living inside the game? If so he has to actually be living outside the game (a la Matrix strapped to a couch with wires and tubes) and thus subject to the actual laws of reality.

If someone is just a character in a video game then he is not a real and actual being and totally irrelevant.

I can't believe anyone would take this idea seriously...

How is it different from your idea that everything is just computation? I know you keep insisting that your computations are in the really real real world that really exists. But what makes that world real? Is it just a contingent fact that some computations are really real and others aren't?