On 14 Jan 2014, at 04:42, LizR wrote:

On 14 January 2014 16:38, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
1. Existence must exist because non-existence cannot exist.

This sounds like St Anselm's ontological argument put into a nutshell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument

You are quite quick here. God existence is proved by Gödel by defining God by the owner of all "positive" properties, and Gödel formalized that in S5.

(I believe it falls down because existence isn't "a property that something may or may not have"

OK.

although I'm willing to be corrected on that.)

That was correct.

bruno