On 15 Jan 2014, at 02:53, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Liz,

It's a lot less of "hunch" than the simulation theory in the first place.

The simulation exists, like prime number exists. Selecting one computation cannot work, by the UDA, so the only way to avoid the measure problem on all simulations is to abandon computationalism, with computation in the standard sense (not yours that you have not defined, as you add a fuzzy reification to it, through your 1p universal present time (which makes no sense, as we have pinted out).

Bruno

Why don't you just go back to the Bible and accept the theory that God created man and the world 4000 years ago? It's EXACTLY the same theory as the simulation theory, and equally unlikely, just without the modern twist....

Edgar