Liz: the first that came to mind was Edgar's "isn't it obvious'?" but I did
not want to make fun of him.
Of you: maybe. How do you expect me to give you examples from BEYOND our
knowable circumstances to illustrate what is beyond our knowable? Physix
works with the boundaries of our present knowledge, its laws are within. I
am tired to dig up my retired computer to (maybe) find Paul Churchland's
example (from before his marriage) of a 'tribe' with different physics (the
first that came to mind). Then there are the books about the Zarathustrans,
(Collins-Stewart?) Figment of Reality - I am tired to look up now. Maybe if
I survive my 92th in some days and relax I will respond in more detail. But
I have my own explanations as well...just take the 'infinite' seriously.
John