On 17 January 2014 12:01, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Liz: the first that came to mind was Edgar's "isn't it obvious'?" but I
> did not want to make fun of him.

Perish the thought.

> Of you: maybe. How do you expect me to give you examples from BEYOND our
> knowable circumstances to illustrate what is beyond our knowable? Physix
> works with the boundaries of our present knowledge, its laws are within. I
> am tired to dig up my retired computer to (maybe) find Paul Churchland's
> example (from before his marriage) of a 'tribe' with different physics (the
> first that came to mind). Then there are the books about the Zarathustrans,
> (Collins-Stewart?) Figment of Reality - I am tired to look up now. Maybe if
> I survive my 92th in some days and relax I will respond in more detail. But
> I have my own explanations as well...just take the 'infinite' seriously.

Sorry! I didn't intend to ask the unaskable - but I think that by answering
by not answering, you have in fact answered me!

Maybe there are indeed more things in Heaven and Earth.... and maybe we do
see everything through our-particular-reality coloured spectacles...

But I too am too tired, even though it is only just after midday here in
New Zealand (I didn't sleep very well), so I will leave it at that for now.