Dear LizR,

  Yes, there are many ontological assumptions. Could you list a few that
seem obvious to you? It is not easy to cut and paste from a pdf. Can you
open it in the Chrome browser?

   In this ontology, all of the known math ideas still work, and those that
become known as discovered. The key is that they do not exist as
independent entities that are some how separable from the observer.
Representations require presentations, they must be rendered by a physical
process to be perceived, understood, known, described, etc.
   Knowledge is not considered to be some thing that is projected into our
minds by some mysterious process (see the allegory of the Cave). It is the
action of the brain to implement a mind that allows knowledge to come into
being.
  A related way of thinking is found here in a paper by Zurek on
decoherence:

http://cds.cern.ch/record/640029/files/0308163.pdf

"This view of the emergence of the classical can be regarded as (a
Darwinian) natural selection of the preferred states. Thus,
(evolutionary) fitness
of the state is defined both by its ability to survive intact in spite of
the immersion in the environment (i.e., environment-induced superselection
is still important) but also by its propensity to create o spring { copies
of the information describing the state of the system in that environment.
I show that this ability to `survive and procreate' is central to
effective classicality of quantum states. Environment retains its
decohering role, but it also becomes a "communication channel" through
which the state of the system is found out by the observers. In this sense,
indirect acquisition of the information about
the system from its environment allows quantum theory to come close to what
happens in
the classical physics: The information about a classical system can be
"dissociated" from
its state. (In the case of an isolated quantum system this is impossible {
what is known
about it is inseparably tied to the state it is in.)"

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher

Mobile: (864) 567-3099