On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 3:08 AM, Kim Jones <kimjo...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Are you saying that there is no consciousness without intelligence?

No, I'm saying there is no intelligence without consciousness. For all I
know rocks and cadavers are conscious even though they don't behave
intelligently, although I rather doubt it.

> many things going on in the brain affect behaviour without necessarily
> having any impact on consciousness at all.

Yes absolutely, in fact most of the stuff that brain cells do don't have
anything to do with intelligence or consciousness , it's just the same
routine stuff that skin and liver and every other type of cell in the body
need to do just to metabolise and stay alive.

> What I am driving at is that it is vaguely impossible to understand
> anything 1p in a 3p manner.

This list is the only place in the known universe that uses the silly
peepee notation.

 John K Clark