On 15 Oct 2014, at 01:30, John Clark wrote:

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> I suggest to define God by "either the physical universe OR what is at the origin of the physical universe,

Then if modern cosmologists are even close to being correct God is not omniscient, God isn't even very smart, in fact God is as dumb as a sack full of doorknobs.

Proof?

And that is a great example of someone more than willing to abandon the idea of God but not the English word G-O-D.

> or what is at the origin of the conscious belief in the physical universe

Then my brain is God but your brain is not because I believe in a physical universe but you have said on this list that you don't.

I never said anything like that. I said only that if comp is true, then invoking a *primary* physical universe to explains the appearance of a physical universe does not work.

> With that definition of God, God's existence is quite plausible

If you redefine dragons as the animals the run in the Kentucky Derby Race every year then the existence of dragons is quite plausible.

It is the definition used by philosophers and non confessional theologians since more than 2500 years. It annoyes only the fundamentalist muslims, christians, and the strong atheists, which again confirm my point (you know the one which trigger your bot-like answer).

Bruno

  John K Clark