On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
>> I have a thought experiment of my own and this is the
>> ​ ​
>> protocol:
>>
>>> 1) I have *TWO* coins, a regular coin and a two headed coin.
>>
>>> 2) I flip both coins.
>> 3) Predict if *the one and only coin* will land heads or tails.
>> ​​
>> You can't predict it because of coin indeterminacy. Is it too early to
>> start writing my Nobel Prize acceptance speech?
>>

> ​> ​
> That question can’t be answered because if there are two coins there can’t
> also be one and only one coin.

​Yes, and for that very reason it's not even a question, ​it's just a
sequence of words that happens to conform with the rules of English grammar
and a question mark at the end.

> Similarly, if John Clarke is duplicated to two cities then it doesn’t make
> sense to ask which one and only one city will end up with a John Clark in
> it.

​Precisely correct, it's ridiculous. And sticking into that  a personal
pronoun into the middle of that nonsense will not help one bit.​

> ​> ​
> But this is NOT the same as asking which one and only one city will John
> Clark see, from his own point of view.

​It's exactly precisely the same. It's the same​

​gibberish as asking ​what one and only one one way THE coin will fall from
"IT'S" own point of view.
There is one and only one way to avoid the gibberish, ​
Stathis Papaioannou
​ needs to explain what one and only one person the personal pronoun "his"
in the above reefers to.  John Clark is all ears. ​

> ​>​
> You have been through this before countless times, if some version of the
> multiverse is true, and you know that you only end up in one city from your
> own point of view,

As far as this is concerned ​
​it makes no difference if the ​
multiverse
​ exists or not; ​when looking from the present into the past there is
*always* one and only one stream of consciousness that a being can
remember. But that is NOT what you're talking about, you're talking about
looking from the present into the future. The future operates according to
different rules than the past, that's why they have different names.

John K Clark