On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​>​
>  That is why you don't listen to the copies. They are elves in Santa
> Clause's shop

​As I said the copies have nothing to do will it.
The elves in Santa Clause's shop have just as much to do with this as the
copies do, nothing. T
he one person to ask after it is over to learn the truth is the one and one
one person that is two​

​people; the copies are no that, the original is not that, the elves are
not that, nothing is that.

I have a thought experiment of my own and this is the protocol:
>> 1) I have *TWO* coins, a regular coin and a two headed coin.
>> 2) I flip both coins.
>> 3) Predict if *the one and only coin* will land heads or tails.
>> You can't predict it because of coin indeterminacy.
>

> ​> ​
> Hmm... let me think.
> I think that I can't answer, because there is two coins landing on the
> table, so that the question is meaningless.

​Very good Bruno!​ Do you believe there are others or was that the only
meaningless question in existence?

> > ​t​
> he last Prize I got disappeared, and the promotion which was promised got
> transformed into widening defamation.

​I don't get it, you said I was the only one that disagreed with you.​

> Now, guess what is missing in your coin theorem? The coin 1p/3p
> distinction.

​Guess what is missing in the thought experiment. It's the 1p/1p/1p
distinction because there are three of them and when Bruno Marchal refers
to "he" or "I" or "you"  or "THE 1p" there is no way of knowing which ONE
of the THREE Bruno Marchal is referring to.  ​

> ​> ​
> You don't refute step 3. You just stop

​Guilty as charged. I
t's impossible
​to refute gibberish because there is nothing there to refute, but it is
possible to stop reading it.​

​> ​
> You forget that you agreed that both are the original guy.

​No. The original guy is both of them but neither them is the original guy,
the copies have all the memories of the original man but in addition they
have memories the original man does not have. ​

​>> ​
>> ​It makes no difference if ​computationalism is true or false,
>> ​if there is no question there can be no answer.​
>>

> ​> ​
> It is just because you deny the answer of the copies.

​I can't deny any answer if I don't know the question!​

​> ​
> Then you deny that you survive duplication.

​Maybe so, it depends on what "you" means. In my language "you" means
somebody who remembers  being Bruno Marchal yesterday and so "you" has
survived,
but I don't know what "you" means in Brunospeak.

John K Clark

 ​