On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 4:03:49 PM UTC, Brent wrote:

> On 4/14/2018 6:04 AM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> But non-locality is avoided by the randomness...so that no information is
>> transmitted.
>>

> *So every physicist, I would say virtually without exception, believes QM
> is a non local theory except you. *
>

> No.  They agree with me that no information can be transmitted FTL.
> That's the definition of local.

*Come back when you can explain "instantaneous influence".  No one can
explain it, and neither can you. BTW, I never *
* claimed information can be transferred FTL, just "influences", like just
about everyone who thinks about the subject. But what is an "influence"? I
submit you have no clue. AG*

> *Why do you post the obvious in an excuse for a rebuttal? -- that no
> information is transferred -- when you KNOW what we're discussing; namely,
> that there appears to be an "influence" (for lack of a better word) that is
> transferred INSTANTANEOUSLY. You're the one in denial, not me. AG*
>

>> You're like the person who says, "Now it's momentum has changed from an
>> unknowable indefinite value to an unknowable definite value.  It's
>> witchcraft!"
>>

> Your problem is that you imagine that you perfectly understand the
> Newtonian world view.  It's like water to a fish for you.  But space and
> time are themselves unexplained.

*I don't imagine anything of the sort. AG *

> *As for the Newtonian conservation laws, IIRC they're provable based on
> Newton's laws of motion and don't challenge our current understanding of
> space-time. AG *
>

> What "understanding of spacetime"?

*Ideas like particles or events can be spatially and temporally separated,
or not. Is this the first time you've heard this idea? AG *

> That understanding is no more than facility in using it to make
> predictions.

*It's more than that.  It's the world, wherein we exist. See above. AG *