> [...]
>> March 2013
>> http://jdh.hamkins.org/pluralism-in-mathematics-the-multiverse-view-in-set-theory-and-the-question-of-whether-every-mathematical-statement-has-a-definite-truth-value-rutgers-march-2013/
>>
>> <http://jdh.hamkins.org/pluralism-in-mathematics-the-multiverse-view-in-set-theory-and-the-question-of-whether-every-mathematical-statement-has-a-definite-truth-value-rutgers-march-2013/>
>>
>> As physicalism has been defined in current philosophy writing as "reduction
>> to physics:
>>
>> Against Fundamentalism.(2018)
>> http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/15147/
>> <http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/15147/>
>>
>> non-reductive materialism is in opposition to physicalism:
>>
>> "Materialism is often associated with reductionism, according to which the
>> objects or phenomena individuated at one level of description, if they are
>> genuine, must be explicable in terms of the objects or phenomena at some
>> other level of description—typically, at a more reduced level. Non-reductive
>> materialism explicitly rejects this notion, however, taking the material
>> constitution of all particulars to be consistent with the existence of real
>> objects, properties, or phenomena not explicable in the terms canonically
>> used for the basic material constituents. Jerry Fodor influentially argues
>> this view, according to which empirical laws and explanations in "special
>> sciences" like psychology or geology are invisible from the perspective of
>> basic physics. A lot of vigorous literature has grown up around the relation
>> between these views."
>> - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism>
>>
>> Materialism and physicalism are not the same thing.
>
> Indeed. Note that I use “materialism” in a weaker sense than usual. By
> materialism, I mean the belief in primary matter. Then, depending on how
> people define “primary matter”, this can be related with physicalisme.
> Physicalism is the doctrine that all science are reducible in principle to
> physics.
>
> All this is not so important, as Digital Mechanism makes even very weak form
> of materialism and physicalism dubious. Mechanism leads to a reductive
> ontology (what exists is only 0, s(0), s(s(0)), …), but prevent any effective
> reductionism of the phenomenologies.
>
> Bruno
>

> Codicalism (all matter has codicality) is a variant of hylomorphism. There is
> just matter, not a "pre" or "prime" or "primal" matter.
>
>    https://www.britannica.com/topic/hylomorphism
>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hylomorphism
>
> http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~korsgaar/CMK.2.Kinds.Matter.in.Aristotle.pdf
>

> The objection i raise to a purely information (numbers) processing reality:
> One can get all possible physics (or any science) theories out of it, and all
> modal agent (self-references, beliefs, intentions) languages, but the
> theories and languages are not the things.

I agree with this. With mechanism, reality, whatever it is, is not pure
information processing. Note that elementary arithmetic is already quite above
what is accessible by information processing, and the phenomenological physical
reality inherit that non computable aspect.
On the century matter and physics emerges from one unique sum on all
computations. It has to be the same physics for all machine. Physics becomes
theory and machine independent.

> One needs experience processing. Matter is the only candidate to substrate
> both information and experience processing.

Experience processing is explained by the relation between information
processing and truth, which is above all form of information processing.

Matter? I don’t know what it is, unless you mean what we observe, but up to
know, machines observe the same matter, in a reality which dos not assume its
primitive, ontological existence.

Bruno