On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 4:05 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> *Even “Deep Blue”, the program who win Chess tournaments, would not be
> interestingly described as a bunch of atoms,*

Seems pretty damn interesting to me.

> *> as it do not lost his identity when run on a different machine.*

Huh? That is exactly what makes it so interesting! Atoms are generic so the
only thing that gives Deep Blue its identity is the description, that is to
say the information, on how those generic atoms are arranged.  If the
atomic arrangement has the same logic flow then its the same Deep Blue,
although the execution speed may be different depending on the hardware.

*> You confuse the* [....]

Enough with the "you confuse" crap, you're the one who's befuddled by
personal pronouns.

> > *The atoms position of deep blue’s incarnation is not relevant for Deep
> Blue identity.*

It's the only thing that IS relevant for Deep Blue's identity, unless you
want to invoke mumbo jumbo like the soul.

> >>Turing did more than prove the Halting Problem has no solution, with
>> his machine he also showed us exactly how the laws of physics could produce
>> arithmetic.
>

> >*What? *

Alonzo Church independently proved the Halting Problem has no solution a
few months before Turing but unlike Church in doing so Turing also showed
how matter that obeys the laws of physics can produce arithmetic. That's
why Godel thought Turing's work was more important than Church's and that's
why Turing is more famous today.

*>Where?*

 HERE <https://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/Turing_Paper_1936.pdf>

It's the paper "*On Computable Numbers, with an Application to the
Entscheidungsproblem*" finished on May 28 1936.

*> You are lying.*

You're mother wears army boots.

>> why is it that if I change the physical object that is your brain your
>> mind changes and when you change your mind your brain changes? The function
>> F(x)=x^2 is a mathematical object and it remains the same regardless of
>> what I do to your brain, but your mind doesn't.
>

> *> That is simple to explain *

Whenever somebody says something is simple to explain and then doesn't do
so you can be certain it is not simple to explain.

John K Clark