> On 9 Jan 2019, at 11:20, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 9:44:40 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 6 Jan 2019, at 15:20, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <>> wrote:
>>

>> In terms of processing, I distinguish experience processing from information
>> processing.
>

> OK. That is important, but the machines do that too. Information processing
> is like computing and proving, and can be described in 3p terms. It is the
> “[]p” in the list of self-referential modes. But the (Löbian) machine is
> aware that she cannot know, nor even define precisely, her own correctness,
> and that she cannot prove, if true, the equivalence between []p and “[]p &
> p”, so she is bounded to find Theatetetus definition of the soul or of the
> knower, which is pure 1p, and does not admits any pure 3p description. I
> would say that this might corresponds to your “experience” processing.
>
> Then, eventually the notion of “matter” can be explained in term of the
> number experience processing (sharable for the quanta, and non sharable for
> the qualia). There is no need to invoke some inert substance that nobody can
> define nor test.
>
> All computers (physical universal machine) and the non material universal
> machine are equivalent with respect to computability and emulability. Please
> note that they are NOT equivalent with respect to provability, even if, when
> self-referentially correct, their provability predicate will all obey to the
> same theology (G*), but will differ in their interpretation, contents, etc.
>
> Bruno
>
>> https://codicalist.wordpress.com/2018/10/14/experience-processing/
>> <https://codicalist.wordpress.com/2018/10/14/experience-processing/>
>> https://codicalist.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/material-semantics-for-unconventional-programming/
>>
>> <https://codicalist.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/material-semantics-for-unconventional-programming/>
>>
>> - pt
>>

> This is interesting for a programming semantics (e.g. denotational)
> perspective, for experiential processing.
>
> This reminds me of Galen Strawson's argument (which has nothing to do with
> stochasticism or determinism) about "ree will. He has a definition of "self"
> such that your self is a real thing

OK.

> (that includes your consciousness, which is also a real thing),

OK.

> and to say your self has free will can't really be right, since you can't say
> (seriously) "I am free to not be my self" (since it is your self that is
> doing that): Whatever you chose, it is your self that is choosing.

Once a universal machine introspect itself relatively to some universal number,
it becomes aware that it can predict itself completely and free-will is a vague
term alluding to the management of decision in absence of complete information.

> "Experience Processing": Maybe not this year [ International Conference on
> Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation 2019
> http://www.ucnc2019.uec.ac.jp/ <http://www.ucnc2019.uec.ac.jp/> ] …

I recently (it is nt used in my papers) consider that it implies a lot to admit
that all universal machine are maximally conscious, and that the provability
predicate (seen as an ideal self-referentially correct brain/body) only filters
the consciousness of the universal machine. When unrpogrammed, and without
input, its consciousness is quite different from the mundane consciousness, it
is more like a highly dissociated state of consciousness, out of time and
space, which needs a lot of spatio-temproral experiences to develop the
aproprioperception of a body. In the humain brain, that sense is basically
innate.

The experience is not “processed” by a code, it is a truth filtered by a
body/code.

Bruno