I will dig up something later. I don't know if it suffices for you, but suspect
whatever I supply it will be peer-review, but never good enough for you. :-D

-----Original Message-----
From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Cc: stath...@gmail.com <stath...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wed, Mar 15, 2023 4:15 pm
Subject: Re: The connectome and uploading

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 3:31 PM spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Just as Neuro-guys explan human consciousness

Nonsense, the Neuro-guys are able to do no such thing and I am quite certain
the electronics guys won't be able to explain consciousness either, other than
by proposing the axiom that it's a brute fact that consciousness is the way
data feels when it is being processed intelligently. And it is now much more
obvious than it was even 2 months ago that the electronics guys CAN explain
intelligence.

> If we don't know what, we will soon.

Nope

> UNLESS you hold that consciousness is a Mystery?

The trouble is even if you find out that X causes consciousness the next
obvious question is what causes X. There are only 2 possibilities, an iterative
chain of "what" or "how" or "why" questions either goes on forever, like a
Matryoshka doll or an onion with an infinite number of layers, or it ends with
a brute fact, an event without a cause.
John K Clark    See what's on my new list at  Extropolisn6z

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv35meu2rVXSv7GBDp8yOdWEnSPAQ5QEZRa7pR0C10e%2BBg%40mail.gmail.com.