--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> lurk:
> > Where has my money been going...?
> >
> Your money - who said you gave the Maharishi
> any money? I don't even see your name on the
> list of teachers in good standing at the
> TM Center in Fairfield. What's up with that

Capture the nuance Richard.  I was putting myself in their place, and
speculating.

> > There was the perception that Tony's life
> > was solely dedicated to "The Knowledge"
> >
> Maybe you didn't understand the term 'raja'.
> All the Rajas in Indian history have been
> secular, with the exception of maybe the
> King Bhoja.

No problem with that Richard.  It's the secrecy of it.  What's up with
that?

> Almost all the teachers in the Vedic
> Tradition are householders. There's probably
> not a single monk who was once a ruling
> official in ancient India. Even the Lord
> Narayana himself was married and had a
> family, likewise Shukra and Buddha, etc.

The secrecy.  The secrecy.

> > I don't see how the movement recovers
> > from this...
> >
> You sound really upset, and nosey.

Truth in advertising is all.

> Apparently you bought into the whole guru
> cult - or, you're just highly suggestible.

Yes, I kind of did/was for a while

> Why would you think that any of the TMO
> 'rajas' are practicing 'bramacharya'? It
> doesn't even make any sense - having a
> family that meditates is Natural Law. From
> what I've read, just about the only celibate
> in the TMO was Miss Pittman.

Agree.  But the perception was otherwise.

> Everyone now knows, thanks to the informants
> on FFL, that almost everyone in the movement,
> up to, and including the Maharishi himself,
> has been following tantric principles ever
> since Majorraca days, if not before.

That light of day can really be a bitch

> Haven't you read Ned Wynn's book yet? Go
> figure.

Haven't read.  Right now re-reading, "The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the
Christ", and enjoying it.