--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>
wrote:

> This was one of my first new age books I read some 38 years
> ago, and as I can't seem to find much in the way of new reading
> material, my wife wanted to buy me a book at Borders where she
> gets a 30% discount (as a teacher), and so she got it for me.
> I recommend it.  Deals a lot with the "missing" years in the
> life of Jesus.  And to me, at least, it has an authentic feel.
> Definitely expands the boundaries of what is considered the
> traditional message of Jesus.

You're going to think this is a goof, but it
really isn't. If you love that idea of Jesus
as a real person, and the "missing years of
his life," you should follow up reading the
book you're reading with Christopher Moore's
"Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's
Childhood Pal."

Really. It is one of the most loving, respect-
ful, and hilarious books ever written about
Jesus. Chris didn't change a word of the plot-
line as revealed in the four more well known
gospels. He just found a way to present things
from a point of view that is rarely achieved
in spiritual writing.

He invented Josh's (Jeshua...Josh...Jesus) best
friend Biff, the kid he grew up with. Imagine
the story of Christ told by the only person on
Earth who would not be dazzled by Jesus and
tempted to glorify or iconize his story.

It's really a lovely book. And full of revelations
and answers to the Great Questions In Life, such as:

* What to do if your kid's face suddenly appears
on every loaf of bread in town?

* The proper method for choosing a harlot.

* How sarcasm was invented, and by whom.

* This history of the martial art specifically
designed for boys from Nazareth, Jewdo.

* What the rough draft of the sermon on the mount
sounded like.

* How to tell when a vision of the Virgin Mary is
a bonafide vision and when it's just elephant poop.

* How bunnies came to be associated with Easter.

* What the 'H' in 'Jesus H. Christ' stands for.

And more. Oh, so much more...