--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willytex@> wrote:
> >

> The secrecy.  The secrecy.
> >
> > From
> > what I've read, just about the only celibate
> > in the TMO was Miss Pittman.
>
> Agree.  But the perception was otherwise.
> >
> > Everyone now knows, thanks to the informants
> > on FFL, that almost everyone in the movement,
> > up to, and including the Maharishi himself,
> > has been following tantric principles ever
> > since Majorraca days, if not before.
>
> That light of day can really be a bitch

Perhaps we need a TMO richter scale: which of the ongoing flow of shocks had or
are having the greatest impact.

1) Tony Secrecy

2) Maharishi was quite ordinarily mortal (living to be 200 would have been
impressive eve if not immortal)

3) Maharishi apparently had regular sexual relations with students and staff.

4) Where id the money go?

5) The Kaplin bros -- close to the center -- major funders -- totally bailed.

6) With the coherence finally passing critical threshold the world economy
falls apart.

7) the raja thing

8) damn democracy

9) the massive ostentatious of the TMO

10) Jerry, Charlie and others getting booted

I have missed many. But Tony secrecy doesn't seem to me to be a bigger shock
than some of the above.

But then I see cluelessness where others see secrecy. Cluelessness -- the
lights on but no one's home -- while it may not be "shocking", it does clearly
confirms the vacuuousness of it all.