"> Heh. So you don't think that Jesus would be walking the streets today?

I think he would be running a small group and the miracles marketing
hype would, sadly enough, work just as well today.  His description in
the Gospels, if accurate historically, reminds  me of other leaders I
have seen working their mojo today.

> I recall reading the grand ole dame of deprogramming, Margeret
Singer, complaining
> about several of her patients--long-term TMers--whose
depersonalization was so severe
> that even electroshock therapy couldn't affect it...

I never discussed the shock thing with Margret, but did discuss her
opinion that TM people spent more time in an altered state than people
in other groups. This lead to more depersonalization problems and
dissociative disorders for the TM people whe worked with then she
found in groups that did not spend so much time in trance states.  If
that is true then the batch that will emerge from the domes in a year
of that massive immersion program should be like a scene from an old
Thriller video.  Or maybe they will all float out in formation proving
MMY's dramatic claims to be more than the ravings of a pitch man guru.
 Which do you think is more likely?

http://forum.rickross.com/viewtopic.php?t=1444&start=30&sid=e52ad8b8d85061ae

> > he was no
> > working two
> > exhausting

> > then spent
> > VedaLand... (as

> > joined
> > program, but
> > spoken and

> > > So... why did they have her committed? Was it because she was insane
> > or because she was
> > > giving her money away?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional