<snip>
> For the record, I think it's *fine* for you to
> believe that TM is completely effortless, even if
> many others -- having practiced it -- don't agree
> with you. What I'm interested in is WHY you get
> so emotional and defensive every time you
> encounter someone who doesn't believe that
> it's absolutely, completely effortless.

Well, we don't get "emotional and defensive," of
course.  That characterization is a thought-
stopper designed to short-circuit rational
discussion.

We *insist* that it's effortless because it's our
experience that it only *works* if it's effortless.
It isn't a matter of "belief."

> WHY do you think that you do this?  And do you
> think that this is a *positive* thing to do?

If practicing TM correctly is a positive thing,
then it's certainly positive to point out what's
involved in practicing TM correctly.

> I'm honestly curious. This effortlessness thang
> is obviously a *serious* hot button for both you
> and Judy. You both react as if you had been
> personally attacked every time it comes up

No, we don't.  That's another thought-stopper.

, and
> people (including Maharishi) suggest that some
> subtle effort IS involved with TM.

What exactly did he say?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional