--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, hermandan0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> trying to follow new.mornings posting inspirations, i've started a new
> thread instead of intjecting this into the old one :)

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "vajradhatu108"
>
> <snip>
> > > Any meditation technique that relies on a object
> > > of meditation, a mantra, the breath, etc. will by
> > > it's very nature have some subtle effort (as Mahesh
> > > acknowledged at Estes Park in regard to TM).*
> >
> > Of course, it's never been established that what he
> > said at Estes Park ever "acknowledged" any such
> > thing.
> >

> I'm not sure exactly what the Estes Park quote is, but Maharishi was
> quite clear that there is some "doing" in the thinking/picking up of
> the mantra and that, yes, this is a contradictory to the mantra just
> appearing on its own. That's why the the instruction to think or pick
> up the mantra is qualified by saying "effortlessy" or "as effortessly
> as a thought comes". Of course one is thinking and of course thinking
> is doing. It may be an effortless doing, but it's a doing.
>
> While it may not be fair to dismiss TM as being a technique of
> "effort" on account of that, vaj is, IMO, not incorrect in calling it
> "subtle effort" becaue of that doing. To misunderstand this puts one
> in the position of a meditator I once encountered who asked "What
> happens if you sit there for the entire 20 minutes and the mantra
> doesn't come?" Duh.

On the other hand, what if it comes without you noticing for the entire 20
minutes until
suddenly you realize that you['ve been meditating without intentionally
starting?

On the other hand, what if...?

On the other hand, what if...?

Thinking you know how TM is supposed to work in any given moment is just
another
Buddha to be slain (JABTBS).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional