Thanks for that tip re pre-op blood work Caroline.

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caroline
Kaufmann
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:05 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: fixing a leukemia kitty

pre-op blood work is really important, so if it hasn't been done yet, I
recommend it.  since I have more experience with geriatric cats, our vet
always did it before even considering a tooth cleaning b/c of the risk
of putting an old cat under.  it tells the vet a lot.  we had one the we
decided against the tooth cleaning b/c of the blood work.  another-
Rambo- the one that lived the longest (19), the vet said his blood work
was fine and we absolutely needed to do a cleaning and by then Rambo was
old old and I was freaking out!  I told my mom if he died during the
tooth cleaning I was going to kill the vet b/c he promised, based on
blood work, that is was okay.  I was a mess that day but Rambo came
through totally fine.  Since then I'm a firm believer in the pre-op
blood work.
caroline

  _____