I feed mine on the ground inside a bin which I have cut out the sides of so
they can pass through. I lean boards up   Against the sides. It's low perfect
for a cat and opossums but apparently too low and awkward for a raccoon to get
in there. I put a large deep square plastic food bin inside and a piece of
styrofoam on the floor inside to wedge the food bin into one place. Opossums
and cats get along fine so I let them share. My main issues end up being ants
and slugs which I use food grade diacetemous earth and sandpaper to deter. I
also have a rope light out there - dunno if that deters so wanted to mention
it. Hope that helps.