I'm so sorry to hear about Napoleon's loss! Though his life was cut short,
I'm happy to know he experienced nothing but love and kindness from you and
your friend.

Choosing to take care of an FeLV+ cat is a difficult decision; we know
we're setting ourselves up for heartbreak as well as vet bills and lots of
worry.  However, it is also one of the most unselfish actions. We know
these cats and kittens will be on earth for a much shorter time than most
of their FeLV- counterparts but we choose to give it our best and give them
one of the greatest cat lives imaginable!

Thank you for doing that for Napoleon, Willie and all the other kitties
you've taken care of. So many cats, whether healthy or unhealthy, don't get
to experience kindness, love, safety or care yet your kitties have known
nothing but that.

Sincerely,
-Amanda

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:

> Hi, Not sure if you want the symptoms of my cat, Willie, or Napoleon's
> symptoms since the subject line above is the same.
>
> Anyway,  Two of my FelV kittens died from anemia. Willie had a URI
> which the vet cured with Zithromax, but he never rallied back, and
> got thinner and weaker.  After two months of hoping he'd finally gain
> weight and get better I took him back to the vet who felt a mass on
> his right kidney.  Operating on a FelV positive, sick, weak kitten
> was not an option, so he was PTS.
>
> I have had many FelV cats over the years and several died of tumors on
> the spine, which resulted in them losing the use of their back legs. This
> retrovirus can cause any number of things that eventually kill our babies.
> Mostly it's been anemia however.
>
> Lorrie
>
> On 04-17, DeAnna Dockery wrote:
> >    So sorry for the loss of your precious baby! Praying for your healing
> >    heart! Of I may ask, what symptoms did he have

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge" Bertrand
Russell