Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
> Which ssgBranch contains objects like an aircraft carrier?

Special-casing "aircraft carrier" is almost certainly the wrong way to
do this.  There is no reason we can't do correct 3D intersection
against the whole scene graph, and the code will be cleaner and
simpler.

The only "special" hardware on the carrier are the arresting wires and
catapults.  It would be easier to just model these and let generic
intersection code handle the deck intersection stuff.

The only bit of information we need that isn't present in the scene
graph is the velocity of each surface.  Since the AI subsystem is
responsible for all of the moving objects in the sim, it ought to be
easy enough to write an API to get it from there.

Andy