Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
I know. It is like the way things are done in 3D Studio. Unfortunately, most of these features aren't working with 3ds format in FlightGear. I even had a specular level problem at the very beginning.

As for illumination, it is better done by a mask rather than selecting material property. For example, the logo light only shines on certain portion of the vertical stabilizer, not the entire thing. From the way things looked, it doesn't seem that AC3D can handle this effect either.

Nor can OpenGL do this easily. This kind of effects is probably best done using a new animation type rather than using fancy 3D modeler options.

Erik