Ryan M wrote:

> * Jetways are disabled by default due to noticeable FPS impacts.

I'm feeling slightly uneasy with the current state because people don't
get any jetways at all if they disable the flag in order to preserve
performance.  Personally I'd prefer a solution which keeps static
jetways and just disables the animation if people feel like the need
to.

While I'm at it, I'd like to point to another, presumably more severe
issue: The elevation of every of the animated jetways is hardcoded into
the respective 'ICAO.jetway.xml' files.  Now take into account that
ground elevation is subject to change with almost _every_ rebuild of
the corresponding region and airfield surface ....
>From my perspective this calls for a more considerate solution.

For the static scenery models at "Scenemodels" we're having a stupid
but pretty functional and robust procedure to adjust the elevation of
every model to the current World Scenery.  This doesn't work for the
way how elevation is being stored in the jetway XML files.

> Currently the Models/Airport/Jetway folder is still in the commit. I can
> remove it if this is inappropriate.

Indeed, this would have been better ....

Cheers,
        Martin.