As far as using FOP it is still in the early development stages. So you
can evaluate it and use it if it is good enough for your needs. Due to the
missing features and bugs etc. it is harder to evaluate and may be a
problem if you want to extend how you use it.

In terms of the current development status. I would say that there needs
to be more people invloved and at the current progress it is still a long
way from being completed. Part of the problem seems to be that to
implement even a simple fo feature there is still a lot of other code to
do. Another problem is the lack of effort around all the other important
areas: website, docs, images etc.

The only thing that will improve FOP is more people doing something
positive even if it is small.

Regards,
Keiron Liddle