> I still think this function is not needed, and confusing with
> the rest of the code. There is no advantage to compute the
> packet twice. So I think that the function send_chat_msg()
> should be spread into chat_msg_privat(), chat_msg_allies() and
> chat_msg_public().

send_chat_msg() is used 7 times in this file with different message texts.
Only in chat_msg_allies() the same text is used for this function and the
offline event.

I attached an updated version of the patch; changes:

* change chat_msg_privat*e*
* additional check for connections in chat_msg_allies()

(file #6912)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: version3-0001-add-offline-events.diff Size:21 KB