oldk1331 wrote:

> I would like to include these patches also:
>

> compiler gives error on non-exist imports:
>
> https://github.com/oldk1331/fricas/commit/89dd2e8008602ed00cf1f13fe0d75c50205cbfcc.patch

Eliminating non-existing imports is nice.  But the change to compiler
looks fragile, it is not clear for me if we get "is an unknown mode"
error only for non-existing imports and if it catches all such cases.
BTW: depending on text of error messages is bad design, we may
decide to change wording of the message and this should not change
which programs are accepted by the compiler.

> fix input/fns.input:
>
> https://github.com/oldk1331/fricas/commit/1c589fe749c4d9f59b35ef2cc038d77fed33dfda.patch

I am not 100% sure if we want to "fix" this file.  At leat partially
it looks like request for new features.  I we decide that it is too
much like junk it makes more sense to delete it than to fix.

> I wish my 10 patches that imporves the TeXmacs interface
> could also get merged, so that I can upstream relevant
> parts to TeXmacs project.

Which ones?  I see 7 patches marked "texmacs".  I looked at
one, "texmacs : move texmacs init code into lisp file; add variable fricasi..."
and have the following comments:
- fricas-lisp.lisp is very bad place for this code.  The intent of
  fricas-lisp.lisp is define a dialect of Lisp (a virtual machine
  if you prefer to think in that way) custmised for supporting
  FriCAS.  It is for low-level code, frequently dependent on Lisp
  implementation.  Functions there should not depend on anything
  that we define at higher layers.  The 'init-texmacs' function
  is just ordinary interpter function, in fact it seems that it
  could be easily written in Boot
- AFAICS initialization of texmacs interface was done via eval
  due to flexibility (initialization code can be changed just
  by editing the script, without any need to touch binaries).
  I am not sure if this flexibility is needed, but also do
  not see reason to change the current way.  Could you explain
  why you want to move the code?