On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Len Gerstel <lgers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And, to make this more topical, how much better of a password is:
>
> gre5^#$dkl(dfdlq!94NdKRl&fl‡Ò˝vt456wy^^9G53MJUlo0!!
>
> as a password vs:
>
> P4ssW0rD
>
> When someone hacks into the Sony Playstation Network and steals 77 million,
> yes 77,000,000 user names, passwords, security questions, addresses, birth
> dates and possibly CC information. Not to mention all the other large scale
> hacks recently.

I am confused. Why would the Sony Playstation Network have the
password to anyone's Wi-Fi router?

The only place I use a ridiculously long, sorta random password is my
router Wi-Fi. Mostly because I'm never ever going to enter it again
after I set things up. :-)

But to each their own. It's your data & network & whatever ...

-irrational john