Holstering your weapon to jump over a pit is a little strange, though I like the feature for say, climbing ropes. Though, is it dependant on the weapon? I'm not sure how much your average shotgun weighs, but just about every other weapon you have listed, most of the pistols and such, I would probably weigh in at between 3 and 5 pounds, and unless angela is really weak, that probably wouldn't be enough to throw her off balance. If the sword is big enough, it could, since swords are generally longer than the guns you've got in the game and, if big enough, far less balanced. A combat knife definitely wouldn't though. Either way I like some of these features. I've seen someone on here talk about how the more features there are, the more tedius the game is. I have to say I think you might be the only one with that opinion. I'm a realism fanatic personally, unless it detracts from either the challenge factor or makes the game entirely too hard, which in truth only one feature so far does. The game is still fun though, and I'll definitely be looking into buying the full release.