I think maybe just make the player replay the level.
Shadow Dragon wrote:
I think it'd be a good idea for the later difficulty levels. I also think that lives should be taken into account when your score is counted up though, and there should be a way to get more lives during arcade mode. Maybe take the old ninja turtles game route and give you another life for x number of points dependant on the difficulty level? So like every 5000 points on beginner, 10000 on intermediate, etc.