Hi,

Not only software, but food, hardware, everything in the world that is sellable
should be put under the gnu general public license. the license should be
adapted to apply to food, hardware, cars, everything. The goal of an artist
should not be to simply do it for the money. the goal or the reason behind any
job is that you do the job because you're naturally good at it or learned
through someone else and as a result enjoy doing your job and your reward is
the satisfaction that you are making others happy, feel good, or are
contributing to society. Imagine if there were no cost, there would be no
stealing because there would be no need to steal. One of the major thing that I
think causes people to steal things such as pirating windos to stealing cars is
because they cannot afford it. because they don't have the money. Now remove
money out of the picture. Does it mean windows has less value because it is now
free from price? no. It is free from the dollar or the price but what does
Microsoft now get? They get thank you letters saying what a good product they
made. They get self-satisfaction because they enjoy writing software and
contributing to society. The day the market collapses and people realise there
are far greater things than the value of money will be a wonderful day. Oh
business will still continue but it will change and take a different form. This
may take decades or centuries maybe 1000 years or so but it will happen. If
there were one religion in the world, no need for money no need to kill
etcetera the world would be wonderful. Open source is the first step along this
road and although I may not have the money to donate, I will contribute by
being a user and providing feedback when I can. And I will hopefully someday
learn programming so I can contribute to it.

Josh

Join me on klango at www.klango.net visit and sign my petition at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html
and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net follow me on twitter at