Hi Josh,
Sigh...The developers of NVDA, Orca, Speakup, etc have real jobs making money somewhere else. They work on programs like NVDA or Orca in their personal free time. In other words it is free and voluntary work with no expectation to earn off their software creations. As long as they have a stable job somewhere else that is fine. Now, let us think about a real world example. Let's assume a developer is hired by company x to create some sort of database program to track some special business transactions. Can you expect that programmer to accept a pat on the head, "good job son," and walk out of that office without being paid? Of course not. He needs to be paid for his time and work just like a lawyer, doctor, policeman, or any other person on this planet. Else how could he survive? Bottom line, the reason why something like NVDA or Orca isn't failing is because there is no financial motivation for creating those software products. That is all well and good if the person is financially satisfied. However, if he has to program for a living, to make money, then it becomes a completely different story.

Josh wrote:
Hi,

NVDA is free, and it is not failing. Orca and speakup are not failing either they are alive and well.
Josh

Join me on klango at www.klango.net visit and sign my petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/jkenn337