Hi Scott,
Well, if we are talking about scoring and posting those scores to a score board the save game feature should be disabled in order to make it fairfor everyone posting to the score board. The GMA engine does this in games like GMA Tank Commander. You can choose to play the game by selecting the standard mode with save games, no scoring, ability to use cheat codes, and just to play without requiring much skill at all. On the other hand you can select arcade mode where you aren't allowed to use cheat codes, save games, and you win or lose based on skill alone. That is a fair system when we are talking about scoring and posting those scores to ascore board as that puts everyone on an equal footing.

Smile.

Scott Chesworth wrote:
Amen!

It wouldn't be appropriate to all games of course, but for a game
where a big part of showing your skill is posting your scores online,
perhaps one way to demonstrate who's an expert and who's gotten to the
end of a stage by saving every couple of moves would be to have a
number of saves per stage posted as part of your stats.  That way, the
recognition could be there amongst the types of gamers who care to
check these things.

But in all honesty, in the case of MOTA, I'd say we're overthinking
this beyond reason.  Save less, risk more, that be the key folks.

Scott