Sure thing, I wasn't saying that Tekken gets it wrong all the time.
The first game I ever played on the original playstation was Tekken
and it was a total revelation.  The little subtleties back then like
the actual time it took for Paul to pull off that arm breaker throw
added weight to an already brutal sound effect.  Nothing MK had done
up until then came close soundwise.  But for some reason, Tekken
doesn't seem to have developed all that much since those days, the
voices are still very animated style and the detail doesn't really
seem to have improved much, remember I'm talking purely sounds here
not actual control over characters or stories.

I dunno, I'm still not wild about MK VS DC as a game to play, I think
the only reason it doesn't get quite old quite quickly is that I don't
own a PS3 myself so can only play it in snatches.  But I can't bring
to mind another fighting game that is that good going on sounds alone,
so hopefully it's a sign of things to come.