One can't button mash their way to success through 2d fighters. New
MKs, tekken  and practically all 3d fighters have characters which are
really well suited to button mashers (maxi in sol calibur, law in
tekken).  SF and the capcom/snk series require lots of skill and
precision.  Tekken is fun and there is a deeper level there but also
that easy buttonmashing level to get beginners excited.