Hi Scott,
That's something i can't argue with. MK definitely has the better sound effects, audio environments, and MK Verses DC sounds awesome. I wish I had the money to purchase sounds like that. Grin.

Scott Chesworth wrote:
Something nobody has mentioned yet though is Tekken verses MK from the
point of view of sound design, which is probably a close second to
playability for most of us, and sometimes can be a close first over
playability for a geek like me.  I mention it because MK verses DC has
the best sound I've ever heard in a beat 'em up to date.  It's equal
too or better than watching some big budget films!  Back in the day
I'd say the first few Tekken's were way ahead, more varied voices for
characters and perhaps a few more audio clues to aid playability which
was a great thing considering how much deeper the control was over
each character, but seriously, play MK vs DC on a good 5.1 setup and
try not to grin like an idiot, it's really something!  I'm not talking
about just the voices or body contact sounds being good, the whole
thing is a perfect product soundwise to my ear, from the sweet
interactive music through to the menue noises.  To contrast that,
Tekken has always sounded like more of the same to me with each title,
going on what I've heard of Tekken 6 so far there's nothing to break
that mould.

Don't get me wrong I realise that playability is a big thing, perhaps
the biggest for most people, but soundwise MK's last few offerings
have been way ahead.

Just my 2 cents...
Scott