Hi Tom. As some one who grew up in the late 80's I was born in 1983. I remember playing the Nintendo with my sister and playing the Mario Brothers games with her along with duck hunt witch I could still play after I lost my sight. With that said I think it would be nice to have a side scroller game like you had planned from the get go. I like the idea of pozzing the game and then being able to go back to it later on. Well those are my thoughts regarding this. from Mich Verrier from New Liskeard Ontario Canada.