The point is that if he sticks with the side scroller it sounds like we'll lose all the features that most people begged him to include since they're not standard to a true side scroller. And then people will start complaining that it's too easy again. And as I said in my first message I like the direction MOTA's taken. If keeping all that means converting it to an FPS I say go for it. The sooner we all make up our minds and stick to our decisions the sooner Thomas can get this game out the door and the sooner he can take the well-earned break he's been needing for some time now. The way I see it is it's everybody's fault we're in this situation now since people kept requesting nonstandard features as far as 80s side scrollers. So if Thomas were to decide to scrap the side scroller and go with the FPS, which in any case is the style he's more interested in making, we should just have to live with the decision. Nobody asked Thomas to take over the project after all, and nobody necessarily expected him to get slapped with a cease and desist right before he was about to release the game. I agree that side scrollers are a genre pretty much overlooked by most of the AG community and I'd love to see more, but I also agree that they have the potential to be too easy.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mich" <m...@ntl.sympatico.ca>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Side-Scroller vs FPS

Hi Tom. As some one who grew up in the late 80's I was born in 1983. I remember playing the Nintendo with my sister and playing the Mario Brothers games with her along with duck hunt witch I could still play after I lost my sight. With that said I think it would be nice to have a side scroller game like you had planned from the get go. I like the idea of pozzing the game and then being able to go back to it later on. Well those are my thoughts regarding this. from Mich Verrier from New Liskeard Ontario Canada.