Thanks Tom.  I am sure Dark was telling me his honest opinion.
I knew that failed game had castle in the name. That was a disappointment thru no fault of Justin and that is a situation I would be concerned with. I would want to see the project completed to the end. I always assumed that money would be handed over first for production expenses like music, sound effects, and voice acting, then the actual release of the game would be split according to contract...or is that what you said? Maybe I misunderstood. I thought 10% for the cretive element was the going rate, LOL. Man I was way off on that. Ok, so if I understand this right. Get a programmer/programming company. Get a contract, they make game, game gets sold, split earnings according to contract barring any problems between contract signing and completion. Does the creative idea guy or gal get any creative input into the project or does that have to be contractually listed as well?

al

rday, November 21, 2009 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] How to non program a game

Hi Al,
There is no need to feel that way. Your question was not stupid. There is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to developing games. Dark was just over reacting I think. <Grin>

Allan Thompson wrote:
Ok, I can live with that.
Maybe it was a stupid question, but if I don't ask I'll never know.

al