hmmm I can get that side.
my brother is a chronic game player.
he wastes his days playing poker, or battlefield or something after he mangled 
his hand doing battlefield and ra2 all the time he went to poker but he now 
sleeps late gets up later and plays all day.
I know that I can get on a role and play with the pc whilst I really should be 
practicing music, cycling, and other things, people make it out that I am quite 
slack, and I suppose I am quite slack but I think my brother may be a level 
lower, I at least semi do stuff which although its not really doing it is 
better than just slobbing not that at one stage I was like this.
I think as blind people we seem to stay with what we know, I like my computer, 
its my comunication its my plaything especially when its my self thats left at 
home for most of the day.
And its my god, <ooops>
issue is now I really need to manage time, because I am now a lazy prick, I 
promise I will get it one of these days the question is when.
Games can be also a danger.
Its when you are plain forbidden from playing games for any reason religious or 
otherwise, or just bard for using a computer or doing something because you are 
blind or because you do as you are told.
I know my family wish I would do more and will nagg me constantly but they 
won't bar me I don't think, though they keep warning me I will have a boring 
life after they go and They keep telling me hoping I will get the message, and 
I suppose I will eventually have to do something about this.
Hmmm this chair is so soft <snore>
later
At 12:46 a.m. 5/12/2009, you wrote:
>Well yes games are secondary nobody is arguing that, that's not even an
>issue. I mean you aren't going to make a living out of playing games.
>Although it would be nice though!!!! But it's this rather stupid mentality
>of oh games aren't meant for computers or blind people shouldn't be playing
>games that's what I think is wrong. I mean we all need some form of
>enjoyment or stress relief at the end of the day for what ever reason. I
>mean, what's better, playing games, drinking or smoking yourself to death?
>Because people will find an outlet somewhere and I think gaming is much more
>healthy in the long run.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
>Behalf Of shaun everiss
>Sent: 04 December 2009 00:59
>To: Gamers Discussion list
>Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Promotion was:Screen Readers and Games
>
>
>yeah games are secondary, fair enough I suppose.
>don't lose heart though, we are not out the woods yet.
>I know for example that mushclient can work direct with jaws and windoweyes
>and a map exists for lonewolf in hal 5 and later. I think though that
>expecting the manufacturers to make game scripts just won't happen, however
>thats no big concern, all readers, hal, jaws and windoweyes have some form
>of scripting, jaws is scripted and has been for a long time. windoweyes and
>hal although they had setting and map files respectively have got scripts
>and people are actively using and developing, true it may cost a bit to get
>the script adition of the software but at the end of the day you have the
>tools. nvda was made in python and its an opensource system, you can write
>modules for it these are scripts by default. At 07:22 a.m. 4/12/2009, you
>wrote:
>>They'll probably say that it will corrupt the software. Which is a pile 
>>of crap as we all know but that will be their argument. Thus if it were 
>>me I'd just get the system and install it anyway lol. There's always an 
>>uninstall button if they decide to come see you.
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] 
>>On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
>>Sent: 03 December 2009 17:27
>>To: Charles Rivard; Gamers Discussion list
>>Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Promotion was:Screen Readers and Games
>>
>>
>>Hi Charles,
>>Your guess is as good as mine. I imagine the agencies are primarily
>>focussed on work and business so devote all of their funding and 
>>interests into that endever. They see what they do, trying to get blind 
>>people employed by giving them computers for work in school, is more 
>>important than telling their clients that developer x has a few 
>>accessible games to play. They could, for example, put some free games 
>>on the system like Jim Kitchens Casino, Life, Monopoly, Hangman, 
>>whatever as a start, but they won't because it doesn't have anything to 
>>do with their business software only computers.
>>
>>Charles Rivard wrote:
>>> Sighted people have games on their computers, and those games are
>>> played.
>>> That's why gaming is such a big industry.  For the sighted computer user,
>>a
>>> computer is not a work only device.  Why on earth should this not be 
>>> so
>>for
>>> the blind computer user?  Windows comes with free games, even.  Isn't 
>>> this
>>a
>>> clue for agencies who buy computers for blind people?  Duh??
>>> ---
>>> In God we trust!
>>>   
>>
>>
>>---
>>Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>>If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
>>gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your 
>>subscription via the web, at 
>>http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>>All messages are archived and can be searched and read at 
>>http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
>>If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
>>list, please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. No virus found 
>>in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>>Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.90/2540 - Release Date: 
>>12/03/09 07:32:00 Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>>Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.90/2540 - Release Date: 12/03/09
>>07:32:00
>>
>>
>>
>>---
>>Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>>If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
>>gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your 
>>subscription via the web, at 
>>http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>>All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>>http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
>>If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
>>please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>
>
>
>---
>Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
>gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your
>subscription via the web, at
>http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
>If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
>please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. No virus found in this
>incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
>Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.92/2543 - Release Date: 12/03/09
>19:36:00
>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
>Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.92/2543 - Release Date: 12/04/09
>07:32:00
>
>
>
>---
>Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
>If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
>please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.



---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

Reply via email to