Hi Philip,
Like I said you do whatever you personally feel comfortable with. I've learned long ago not everyone shares the same opinion or interests in games, and when programming a game a developer should always do what he/she feels comfortable with. Don't let others decide for you what you like, and what you want to create. When it comes to the entire issue of 2d verses 3d that's really a personal choice. Like I have said I've never had any difficulty playing 3d games, have no problems playing games like Shades of Doom, so it is impossible for me to relate to those people who have said the game is too hard, too difficult, and too confusing. Whenever people tell me that I always feel like asking, "what's so hard about it?" I have no way of understanding peoples point of view, because those kinds of games just come naturally to me. So what is quite simple and easy for me is difficult and confusing for others. So if you have problems with that type of game it isn't for you. Then you should create something that will make you happy, and something you can play without those frustrations. I certainly won't think less of you for it.

Smile.

Philip Bennefall wrote:
Hi Thomas,

I see what you're saying and I agree for the most part, but my main difference of opinion is that realism is nice though not at any cost. If it makes it very difficult for some gamers to navigate including myself, then that is not achieving the goal that I set for myself when making a game. To me, 100 % realism is not the main priority, the most important aspect for me is to make an enjoyable game that is fairly straightforward to play while still being rich in sound and other content.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall