aah.
I always like to stay up to date.
I have a realtech hd card but am not impressed with the stripped down card on
my laptop.
sure it is sounding real good for what it is but in games like sod I have to
set everything off the card because it doesn't run everything well.
In one part of teraformas sounds don't work well at all.
I suspect that my card has reduced internal memmory.
I have been brought up on yamaha, sb16 and other such cards.
A basic card for me that looks good could be the soundmax, no fx but a built in
eq makes up for that the realtech hd and the realtech ac97 are ok cards.
I've heard about m audio, but hmmm.
Its not like I can go fully pro though I am happy with the lack of buzz  and
hiss on my end.
Still like the analog cards as they seem to run smoother.
but enough of this I think.