I'm more than mildly confused about all that Dark. That could be where I'm having trouble with my current project. All I can say is I'm glad I never went in expecting this to be completely easy, otherwise I'd have been in for a nasty shock. I still have every intention of buying the Light and eventually the pro versions but I think it'd best wait until I'm more comfortable with this whole business.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:57 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Bgt stuff that confuses me

Hi.

Having already read through the tutorial once, I stil find myself mildly confused on a couple of matters.

Firstly, all the stuff relating to doubled short or long intagers and bits and bytes. I'm rather uncertain why or when I would want to use variables such as int8, double, or short which relate to the size of bits and bytes. Shorely, a number is a number and can be written as such?

Secondly, I'm uncertain as to the difference betwene void functions and return result functions, and I must confess I don't follow this example:

void main()
{
int x=add_numbers(3, 5);
alert("Wow", "3 + 5 is... " + x + "!");
}
int add_numbers(int first, int second)
{
int result=first+second;

I can see that the alert will write the text string with the int x, however, hasn't the (3 + 5), already produced the result of 8 for x?

Also, I have absolutely no idea what the business involving "int first" and "int second" is all about, sinse how does bgt know what first and second actually mean? it seems this function is working with a lot of intagers which haven't been defigned successfully, but which work (I tried creating a secript with this and it printed fine).

Btw, sinse I'm interested in rpg games (and sinse I'm not exactly overflowing with useable sounds), I thought I'd begin by writing a basic text box turn based combat game similar to acefire. I can't promise anything astounding, but I'm hoping it'll be a good exercise for me if nothing els, and teach me something useful about Bgt.

Beware the grue!