Hi Hayden,
No. The problem here is that speech is operating on the same process
as input while it is speaking so keyboard events are ignored until
speech shuts up. One way of fixing this is by putting them on their
own processes, called threads, which makes them act independantly of
each other. Unfortunately, itcrashes all over the playce. However,
Philip Bennefall gave me some interesting pointers on how to avoid
this problem and use the same process for both speech and input.