thats another reason I like toshiba.
it seems ot be the only laptop with a numeric pad on a function key.
this means almost every key is in reach.
this is good  for everything ofcause bar gaming, in fact the board is easy to
wreck as I found out.
so gaming with an external board deffinately.
At least with this latest system its got a realtech hd.
Said hd seems to have input and output which means I can run mic or stereo mix
only which is sucky if I want to review a game or talk over a game with my
voice.
In fact I have no idea why they went to budjet cards.
Ok I semi take that back.
before realtech they had soundmax which although crappy did work nicely.
before that it was yamaha and all those rocked.
they were decent xg and fm cards.
Sadly that doesn't happen.
The speakers like to crackle I suspected card drivers but at the max driver
recomended for the system by toshiba I found it was at least 3 years old.
worse still, the new driver made the crackling more pronounced and made the
system loopy.
I downgraded and then it worked again as it should have.
apart from that its quite a nice thing to have this model.